Last week, My House NOLA and Nolavie launched its upgraded collaboration – a new series that interviews people across sectors in New Orleans, bringing their stories to you about the one thing that brings everyone together: our love for all things food. Today we bring you part deux of Justin Shiels — here you discovered what he cooks at home, now find out where he dines out: Cafe Reconcile
– They’re known for their decadent soul food nestled in Central City. A bit heavy for lunch, but if you have time for an afternoon siesta, this is the best place to go. I recommend the catfish po-boy.
– Yes, it can be a bit slow, but this is topnotch Colombian food with an exquisite attention to detail. I like to start with the Yuca Frita and the Mechada (steak and mozzarella) as the meal.
– I’m a sucker for a swank atmosphere, amazing cocktails, and distinctive dishes. Meauxbar has all three.
Booty’s Street Food
– I love this taste of international cuisine, served in a cone, on a skewer, or on a plate. There was a time in my life when I ate Moros y Cerdo twice a week for months and the globally inspired cocktails are to die for. The Bywater Bomber is the perfect drink for a sunny stroll.
– Breakfast is the meal of champions, and Surrey’s is the cafe for people who are serious about breakfast. I always order the salmon and eggs with one of their delicious fresh squeezed juices.